Our monitoring and operations landscape is much bigger than just SCOM and being able to consolidate that data in a single console is enormously valuable.
Setting the scene
Intility provide fast, scalable, guaranteed access to IT infrastructure, application and security services, allowing their clients’ IT teams to focus on strategy and industry differentiation and competitiveness.
As a managed services provider, Intility offer their customers a robust, high-performing alternative to costly internal IT investments.
Intility’s platform is built on heavy investment in cutting-edge, best-of-breed infrastructure and software, married with deep expertise in IT Operations and Systems Management. They have a large data centre estate and complex technology stack, including HP, IBM, Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, Splunk, Cisco, Oracle, Azure, AWS and many more.
With a customer base spanning 43 countries and 1,600 locations and a reputation for excellence, Intility set a high bar for service delivery. Guaranteeing outstanding service 24x7 / 365 requires deep experience and shrewd investment in IT Operations tooling.
- Intility know that hyper-rapid issue resolution is key to profitable customer engagements. To do so, everyone from the Service Desk up needs instant access to the right data for immediate troubleshooting and remediation.
- Any inability to rapidly resolve issues would directly impact SLAs, with damaging implications both financially and to their reputation.
- Intility’s diverse technology portfolio means data resides in many disparate platforms, not just SCOM, making a single-pane-of-glass for their IT Operations data highly valuable.
We provide a huge number of end users with vital productivity applications like Citrix, Exchange and Skype. SCOM is the de-facto monitoring platform but it’s SquaredUp that allows us to actually surface those insights to our IT team and to the wider business.
- Engaging the whole IT organization with a centralised tool, not just their own niche, specialised tooling.
- A single tool to deliver meaningful data and dashboards to disparate audiences, from customers to Service Desk operators, from specialist IT engineers to management.
- Constant growth in user adoption.
- Unifying and contextualising data from additional tools like VMWare, Splunk, ElasticSearch and Twilio.
- Providing users with a single-pane-of-glass for IT Operations data.
In terms of how successful the tool has been, the growth in users speaks for itself and SquaredUp’s commercial model has allowed us to grow our user population at our own pace.